Believe it or not, this is the first time I have made an exploding box card, and I happily spent my Sunday afternoon working on it. My inspiration came from one I saw Cary Buckham make that was just awesome, and I used many of the same elements on mine. The whole idea is that we have a carousel horse stamp, we've got to use it to make a carousel, right? And an exploding box is so perfect to display it.
- The box template is fairly easy to make. You take 12" x 12" cardstock and score it at 4" and 8" both directions. You cut out the 4" squares in each corner and fold up the flaps in the center of each side.
- To make the lid, on a piece of 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock score at 1", 2", 6 1/4" and 7 1/4", then turn it 90 degrees and do the same. Cut away everything outside of the those score lines and making a small cut on each side up to the second score line.
- Then add your DSP (mines from Falling in Love) to all the sides over top of all your mattes.
- When you open the lid, the four sides "explode" open to reveal the carousel.
- The carousel is made from a toilet paper tube (part of one), an empty embellishment container from Stampin' Up!, BBQ skewers, and a canopy made using the old Circles Collection Framelits.
- I used the Large Letter Framelits to cut the letters for LOVE, but you could use any four letter you like (only the nice ones!)
- The Cupcakes and Carousels Embellishment Kit came in handy, as did the Blushing Bride Sequin Trim and the Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper.
- The little heart on the panels is courtesy of the Baker's Box Thinlits dye.
If you come to the class, there will be measurements, and supply lists there, as well as step-by-step instructions! Hope to see you if you are in the area!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today.