A very quick post today after a long and tiring week! I did want to enter a cute challenge at The Paper Players. It's Leanne's sketch and I thought it was a good opportunity to go all out with my Oh,So Succulent Bundle! Here's the sketch:
I reversed the size order of the circles, but I like the balance of them that way. Here's a closer look so you can see the detail of each succulent plant:
- I used Old Olive, Sweet Sugarplum and Mint Macaron for my palette. On the Old Olive and Sweet Sugarplum plants, I stamped the end of each leaf (or petal) with Craft Whisper White ink. On the Mint Macaron plant, I stamped the ends with Sweet Sugarplum.
- These were die cut with the Succulent Framelit Dies in decreasing size order starting with the third largest die to the smallest. I cut three sizes for each of the larger two and only two sizes for the smallest plant. For each plant, I cut two of each size.
- After stamping the ends of each leaf (petal), I gently curled them with the bone folder and attached them in layers using Glue Dots. I added either Pearls or Enamel shapes to the center.
- I used a little of the Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper to fill in what would otherwise be a little too much empty space on the card, in my opinion anyway. The sentiment is from the Oh, So Succulent Stamp Set.
- A few enamel shapes add the finishing touches.
Have a great weekend!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today.