Happy Wednesday to everyone! We're living in a winter wonderland here as we've had a couple of days of heavy snowfall. But as inconvenient as it is, it looks beautiful, and since I don't have to get up early to drive to work...I'm a lot more forgiving of the weather. It's great being my own boss!
Today, I'm excited to play with The Paper Players, one of my favourite challenge blogs and I'm using a new bundle from the Jan/Jun Mini Catalogue called the Foverver Blossoms Bundle!
Here's The Paper Players' challenge:
and my take on something new was twofold:
1. A new life together, as in a wedding card, and
2. New products to make it from our new mini catalogue!
- My favourite thing about the suite this set is part of: The Parisian Blossoms Suite is the colour palette: Petal Pink, Champagne, Cherry Cobbler and Pool Party. I'm relying heavily on the Petal Pink and Champagne for this card and adding in some Soft Sea Foam for the leaves.
- The Forever Blossoms stamp set is a DistINKtive stamp set that works really well and looks great stamped on its own, or with some colouring done, as I have here, with the Petal Pink and Soft Sea Foam Stampin' Blends Combos.
- The background paper is from the Parisian Blossoms Specialty Designer Series Paper, which has beautiful Parisian and cherry blossom themed designs with champagn foil accents.
- I used the Heirloom Frames Dies and 3D Embossing Folders to create a rectangular frame from Champagne Foil for my project.
- The sentiment, which is from the Forever Blossoms stamp set, is die cut with a die from the Painted Labels dies and trimmed along the embossed line. Then another is die cut from the Champagne Foil that came from the middle of the frame and the sentiment is glued in the middle.
- The blossoms, after colouring, are shaped with a bone folder and glue dots are used to attach to the fram itself, then the frame is glued to the card front.
Hope you enjoyed this project. I want to remind you that you have until the 10th of January to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin to get in on this kit:
To subscribe, click here.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today.