And yes, I did order them on time! I was submitting my order minutes after the catalogue went live! But I live out in the wilds of Canada, and the Men in Brown have to mush through waist high snow, brave blizzards and minus 50 temperatures, fend off polar bears and grizzly bears, so it takes a little longer for our orders to arrive!
Did you believe me? Shame on you! Yes, I live in Canada, but right now we have temperatures in the 20s Celsius (in the 70s and 80s for my American friends.) So no snow banks and no grizzlies, at least not on my street. But it does take a week to get my orders, which is normally not a problem! But, because the old catalogue is not in effect today, I wanted to use all current products, and despite my extensive Catalogue Sneak Peek order, I have very few embellishments I can use. I have to admit to some jealousy for those demonstrators that have their new Candy Dots and stretch trim in the new In Colours, and the Chevron ribbon! I had to design 3 cards today for my up-coming Technique classes and I was close to tearing my hair. I just have to breathe and keep my eyes on Friday!
Here is one of the designs! This was also created for the MOJO Monday Challenge #296. Isn't this a cute sketch?
And here is my take on the sketch:
At least I had some cute stamps to use and lots of Gingham Garden DSP! I love the cheery colours and images!
- The stamp set is called Morning Meadow and it is a Hostess set, only available for order by those who host a workshop or private class with me.
- I used the palette of the Gingham Garden DSP, with Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizazz, and Island Indigo.
- The Daffodil Delight vertical banner is from the flip side of the DSP that I cut the horizontal panels from.
- I had to cut the flower by hand because I'm waiting for the coordinating punch that is-you guessed it - part of the order that comes in on Friday. (I never was any good at waiting for things!)
- You don't know how badly I wanted to use Candy Dots instead of those pearls on the left side of the DSP panel! Don't get me wrong, pearls are nice, but this card screamed for coloured Candy Dots!
Have you received your first order yet? Don't tell me if you have, I'll be too jealous!!
Stamps: Morning Meadow (w129675; c129678)*
Paper: Gingham Garden DSP (129310), Daffodil Delight (119683), Pear Pizzazz (131201), Island Indigo (122923) and Whisper White cardstock (100730)
Ink: Classic Stampin' Pads in Pear Pizzazz (131180), Melon Mambo (126948), Island Indigo (126986)
Accessories: Pearl Basic Jewels (119247) (and that's all!)
Tools: 2 1/2" Circle Punch (120906), 1 3/4" Circle Punch (119850) and 1 3/8 " Circle Punch (119860), Paper Snips (103579)
* Hostess set only
2 1/2" Circle Punch
Gingham Garden DSP
Morning Meadow stamp set