I got quite a few cards made, but can't show you too many now because some are top secret! I will show them to you when they are declassified!
I will show you a couple though, because they are for some challenges.
The Paper Players Challenge #169 is a sketch by Anne Marie Hile. And Dynamic Duos has a colour challenge this week for Challenge #76
I had some glittery fun with this one:
- I think that the Silver Glimmer paper adds just the right touch with these two shakes of purple.
- I went back to an old favourite stamp set, Lacy and Lovely for the doily in the 2 1/2" circle. The silver matte is the next biggest Circles Collection framelit.
- The sentiment is from Loving Thoughts. With the concentric circles above it, it's almost like your being hypnotized. Look at the middle of the circle. You are getting sleepy! You will go immediately to my on-line store and purchase the 25 stamp sets that are on sale now for 25% off. When I snap my fingers, you will awaken. You will remember nothing!
- I really like the border of Scallop Border Punched silver glimmer paper with the Delicate Details Lace Tape underneath.
One of the challenges we competed in over the weekend at the retreat was a colour challenge, that I found out later was from a Challenge Blog I'd never heard of before, ColorQ Challenges. Here's their challenge logo:
Obviously, I've been hiding my head in the sand, because they've been around for a long time. This is their 212th Challenge!
Here's my card:
- Since we no longer have Kiwi Kiss, I used Pear Pizzazz instead.
- The starburst that is supposed to represent fireworks on Halloween night, is made with a stamp I don't own, but was able to use at the retreat - Betsy's Blossoms. I will say that when it first came out last year, I grew to dislike it intensely because everyone and his dog was using it and I got pretty tired of seeing it on every blog. Since then, I've grown to like it, especially this particular image.
- I was happy to be able to use more of my Witches' Brew DSP on this project, because it's almost Halloween and I have a heck of a lot of it left!
- The sentiment is from Seasonal Sayings, and LOOK! I used WASHI tape, which I don't do very often, if at all!
Anyway, I'm happy to be home and back to work, brimming with lots of new ideas for you and a couple of new techniques to show you! Have a great Monday!
Stamps: Lacy and Lovely (w132025; c122887); Loving Thoughts (w128436; c125845)
Paper: Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack (130135); Silver Glimmer Paper (124005); Perfect Plum (101889), Wisteria Wonder (122922) and Whisper White (100730) cardstock
Ink: Classic Stampin' Pad in Perfect Plum (126963)
Accessories: Silver Mini Brads (122941); Delicate Details Lace Tape (130966)
Tools: 2 1/2" Circle Punch (120906); Circles Collection Framelits (130911); Scallop Edge Border Punch (119882); Paper Piercing Tool (126189)
Stamps: Betsy's Blossoms (w131955; c126006); Seasonal Sayings (w131937; c128009)
Paper: Witches' Brew DSP (132185); Basic Black (121045), Whisper White (100730), Pear Pizzazz (131201), Wisteria Wonder (122922) cardstock
Ink: Classic Stampin' Pads in Basic Black (126980) and Wisteria Wonder (126985)
Accessories: Neutrals Designer Buttons (130031); Witches' Brew Designer Washi Tape (132156)
Tools: 2 1/2" Circle Punch (120906); Circles Collection Framelits (130911)
2 1/2" Circle Punch
Circles Collection Framelits
Delicate Details Lace Tape
Lacy and Lovely Stamp Set
Witches' Brew Designer Series Paper
Witches' Brew Designer Washi Tape
Betsey's Blossoms Stamp Set
Seasonal Sayings Stamp Set