My husband and I, not long ago, completed watching a set of DVDs containing the TV miniseries, Horatio Hornblower. Based on the novels by CS Forester, it is the story of a heroic, but self-effacing junior officer in His Majesty's Royal Navy. The miniseries starred Ioan Gruffudd, one of my favourite actors since watching him in Amazing Grace. I found the realistic depiction of life on the high seas during the Napoleonic Wars (1803 - 1815) fascinating, though I have no desire to live under those conditions! The life of a sailor has been frequently romanticised, but is far from glamorous, that's for sure!
I set about designing the card, using some great new products and following the sketch from Mojo Monday Challenge #324. It's been so long since I've done a Mojo Monday sketch, it felt good to get back into it again. Mojo Monday sketches are so well designed.
Here's my version:
- This card is chock-full of new products! First is the stamp set, full of nautical images and sentiments. In this card, I used the wheel, the anchor and the sentiment, "Ahoy". The Happy Birthday was from Bring On the Cake!
- The Designer Series Paper is a new set called High Tide and it coordinates beautifully with the stamp set.
- The bottom front panel of Pacific Point cardstock has been embossed using a new embossing folder called Decorative Dots, which will be available January 28 as part of Sale-A-Bration this year. You will be able to earn it or a range of choice products free with every $60 purchase.
- Can I hear a loud "Huzzah!!" for the Striped Grosgrain ribbon? It is seen here in Summer Starfruit, but also available Jan. 3 in Pacific Point as well! I have waited forever for striped ribbon! I'm so excited, but also hopeful that there will be more colours available in the new Annual Catalogue in June!
- I stamped the little banners with the anchor from Hello, Sailor and with an old favourite set, Hearts aFlutter. The big news is that there will be a punch which will punch out that little banner shape! It's the perfect size for an accent banner at the top of a card. When? Jan. 28 during Sale-A-Bration!
- I added some more of the High Tide DSP as an envelope liner, using the Envelope Liner Framelits which are being carried over into the Occasions Catalogue. Good news indeed!
Thanks for dropping by today. Check out my post on eGift Certificates for you last minute shoppers!
- Bring On The Cake - Clear-Mount Stamp
- Bring On The Cake Wood-mount Stamp Set
- Pacific Point 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Pacific Point Classic Stampin' Pad
- Hearts A Flutter
- Hearts A Flutter Clear-Mount Stamp Set
- Summer Starfruit Classic Stampin' Pad
- White Baker's Twine
- Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies
- Hello, Sailor Stamp Set*
- Decorative Dots Embossing Folder **
- High Tide DSP*
- Summer Starfruit Striped Grosgrain Ribbon*
- Banner Punch**
*Available Jan. 3 in the new Occasions Catalogue
**Available Jan. 28 in the Sale-A-Bration Brochure.