To clarify, a one-layer card can not have added layers of paper, ribbon, or other embellishments, so you can imagine how that stretches me. Basically, it's just good, honest stamping at it's best. So without any further dithering, here's my one-layer valentine:
- I used two new stamp sets. The banners are all from a limited time set called Language Of Love , available until May 31, 2014. The sentiment is a sneak peek of a Sale-A-Bration set called See Ya Later. I'll be showing you more of this cute set in the days to come.
- I heat embossed all the banners and coloured in some of the areas with Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write marker. I made a couple of versions I was not happy with until I finally got out my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig and got everything lined up properly. I don't know why I procrastinate with the Stamp-a-ma-jig. (Maybe so I don't have to type it out in my blog post!) Anyway, worth it's weight in gold, and everyone knows how valuable gold is right now!
- I used my Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker and a ruler to create the string that holds all the banners, instead of using Baker's Twine or Linen Thread, which would technically be another layer.
There's not too much else to tell, which is another benefit of one-layer cards, but I will remind you that Sale-A-Bration starts in just 5 more days! Let me know if you need a brochure.
To purchase the following products, used in today's sample just click on the product which will take you directly to my On-Line Store, available 24/7.
- Language Of Love [wood]
- Language Of Love [clear]
- See Ya Later Stamp Set*
- Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Versamark Pad
- Early Espresso Stampin Write Marker
- Cherry Cobbler Stampin Write Marker
- Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin' Pad
- Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder
- Embossing Buddy
- Heat Tool
*Available to earn with a purchase of $60 or more starting Jan. 28, 2014 as part of Sale-A-Bration.