But I thought I would do one more challenge before I left and that would be The Paper Player's Challenge #177. Nance came up with "The Clean Slate" challenge, since every new year is like getting a fresh clean "slate"! A "Do-Over"!
Since I love the look of chalkboard art, I was keen to try this one and here's what I came up with:
- I used an older stamp set with brand new DSP for this card. The paper is from the Watercolour Wonder collection and in case you hadn't yet noticed, I'm kind of head-over-heels in love with it. Every. Last. Piece. of it!
- The stamp set is from You're Amazing and I chose it because the font and embellishments are perfect for the Chalkboard Technique.
- To do the chalkboard technique you just stamp with Versamark on dark cardstock and heat emboss with White Stampin' Emboss powder. Then you sponge using Whisper White craft ink around the edges and just a tiny bit in the interior, to look like chalk residue.
- A little Daffodil Delight fork bow and some Daffodil Delight Candy Dots provide a bit of interest and contrast to complete the card.
Here are this week's weekly deals:
- You're Amazing Clear-Mount Stamp Set
- You're Amazing
- Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper
- Crisp Cantaloupe 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
- Basic Black 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Versamark Pad
- Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad
- Stamping Sponges
- White Stampin' Emboss Powder
- Heat Tool
- Daffodil Delight 1/8 Inch Taffeta Ribbon (retired,oops)
- Brights Candy Dots