Thanks, Julee Tilman, for a good challenge. And here's my take on the sketch:
- I found that with the size of the images, I had to move the sentiment block up higher on the card to fit everything in, but I think it still retains the essence of the design.
- The drama of Pink Pirouette with the high contrast Melon Mambo and Early Espresso give energy to the design. I tried it the other way with Early Espresso being the card base and Pink Pirouette the accent colour, but the dark brown was too overwhelming.
- A little Gorgeous Grunge never hurt anything! I used the two pinks with two of the splatter images.
- Scallop designs add a little extra femininity to an otherwise boxy design. I used the Scallop Edge Border punch for the Whisper White accent on the side bar and the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch for an Early Espresso matte on the round panel.
- Three little flags, one with a Large Rhinestone Basic Jewel round out the total design. This was lots of fun to create and would be perfect for your mom is she is not big on girly flowers and frills!
All Occasion Stamper's DozenIt's the time of year for important celebrations! Easter is next week. Shortly after, it's Mother's Day, then Father's Day and scattered throughout are weddings, anniversaries and graduations! You are going to need a great many cards!!! An All Occasion Stamper's Dozen will really help with all of that. And guess what? I just happened to have planned three of them - in April, May and June. You'll make 3 each of 4 designs ranging the gamut from Anniversary to Weddings, Graduation to Mother's and Father's Day and a couple of Get Well and Sympathy cards thrown in! Find out more here.
Here are this week's Weekly Deals: