Here's the sketch:
So cute! Thanks, Amanda! If you get a chance this, week, please play along! It's not hard, and it does give your creative juices a definite boost.
I got this colour palette off Pinterest:
I put the two together and this is what happened:
- I did a little bit of sewing on this card. Can you see it? I took a closer photo to make sure:
- I started with a base of Bermuda Bay, then added panels of Pistachio Pudding, embossed with the Decorative Dots embossing folder which carried over from Sale-A-Bration to the new Annual Catalogue. On top of that I added a panel of So Saffron topped with Pool Party.
- Using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set, I grunged up the Whisper White cardstock with So Saffron splotches, Pool Party splatters, Pistachio Pudding lines and Calypso Coral spots.
- I added a Tea Lace Paper Doily, folded in half and stamped with the Pool Party splatters and held it in place with some washi tape from the Everyday Adventure Project Life Accessory Pack.
- For the focal point, I brought out the Perfect Pennants stamp set and stamped a Pool Party heart and two little flags with the hello sentiment on them. I couldn't decide between Bermuda Bay and Calypso Coral so I stamped one with each colour and hand-snipped them out. I still couldn't decide, so I thought it would make a statement if I used both of them. The top one is popped up on dimensionals.
I have to say that this was one of the most enjoyable projects I've done for a long time!
Are you excited about the new 2014/15 Annual Catalogue? Can I get you more excited? How about a Free Catalogue Launch Party and Rubber Rummage Sale?? I'm hosting one on Saturday, June 14 from 1 pm to 4 pm at my house, 3670 Webber Road! What will we do at the party? We will look at some new products from the catalogue, we'll do some new catalogue-based Make and Takes! There will be some fun games and some delicious food and great door prizes!
But the main reason people come out is my Rubber Rummage Sale! I have dozens of retired stamp sets, paper and accessories that will be for sale at this event. Here's the kicker: Whatever you spend on my retired sets, I will give you 50% of that amount towards new catalogue products, providing you order that afternoon! Even if you can't stay the whole time, at least drop in for awhile and take advantage of the savings.
This event is FREE, but please register to let me know you are coming, so I can have make and takes and a free gift prepared for you. If you sign up or renew for one of my Stamp Clubs that afternoon, there will be a free gift for you.
Register here for this great event.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!