It's Friday again, and that means it is time for another As You See It Challenge design. I started late to design this one and squeezed it in between preparing for and holding my Technique Night class, but I had been working out the design in my head all day, so I had a very good idea what I would be doing.
Here is Amanda's wonderful sketch for As You See It Challenge #069:
The one thing I hadn't quite figured out was my colour palette, so off I went to look at my Pinterest Colour Palettes board and I found this unique combination:
- In order to approximate the Cactus Colours, I used Perfect Plum, Pear Pizzazz, Wisteria Wonder, Island Indigo and Very Vanilla, with a little neutral Sahara Sand thrown in for the "shadow" butterfly!
- The stamp set is, of course, Butterfly Basics, and what a beautiful set that is, especially with the intricate butterfly dies, one of which I used here. The sentiment and the fern leaf image is also part of this set.
- The Banners Framelits die cut the Very Vanilla banner for me, making the edges straighter and crisper than I could do fussy cutting the flag end on such a large scale.
- I learned a very cool technique for die cutting with intricate dies such as this butterfly and easily separating all the little inside pieces without having to poke each one out individually. It involves drier sheets and I watched a video by Deb Valder that explains it. It's a good video but rather long, so I thought I might do a video myself and shorten it quite a bit for you and post it sometime next week! I agree with Deb, though! It's the best technique ever!
- The Pear Pizzazz Chevron Ribbon adds a decorative little note underneath the banner, and the Old Olive 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon adds the final touch to the butterfly!
I promised I would tell you about the third way to earn free products during Sale-A-Bration, January 6 - March 31, 2015.
When you join my team during the Sale-A-Bration period, there are extra benefits to the already amazing benefits during the rest of the year: When you purchase the Starter Kit for only $125, you not only get $155 dollars worth of your choice of any Stampin' Up! products, but you have the added bonus of your choice of one of two options:
OPTION #1 : Choose a free project kit from the Occasions Catalogue. This is a great way to get started as a demonstrator - lots of fun with minimal preparation. Here are your choices:
OPTION #2: Choose any 2 Sale-A-Bration items! You wanted them anyway, right?
Being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator has so many benefits, it's hard to list them all. First, it's a great way to make some extra money, and you can work as hard or as little as you want depending on your goals. There is the potential to make it very profitable.
Second, you can get all those stamping supplies at a 20% discount to the end of your first full quarter, even if you never sell a thing to anyone else. And your first qualifying order after joining gives you a one time 30% discount! It's a great way to get yourself all the equipment you need to make your hobby worthwhile. And if you do decide to sell, I will help you with all the training you will need.
Third, you gain a whole new group of like-minded friends who love to share and help each other. For most people, this is the greatest part of being a demonstrator. The friends you make are life-long and come from all over North America and beyond.
There are many more benefits, including being able to see and order from new catalogues a month before the public. You can attend events like the Annual Inspire! Create! Share! convention, which is so much fun, I don't even have words!
Why not give it a try? Become one of my Papercraft Cats and see! You have nothing to lose!
To join, click on Join My Team and follow the prompts or call me and I will help you through the process!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!