Well, as you read this, Calgary OnStage Local is all over and we've all seen the new catalogue and ordered our new products and enjoyed meeting and greeting, but we still can't tell you anything until the catty has been posted online for other demos to see, so I'm going to have to be content with showing you my team swap card. There were about a dozen of us from my upline's team (3 of us from my team) there and we planned a team swap. We all picked stamp sets that were current and my set was Awesomely Artistic. I chose it because it would allow me to practise with the background technique that I will be using at my Technique Night Classes this week. (See here.)
Here's more detail:
- Awesomely Artistic is a wonderful set to use if you are going to be doing any collage stamping with a variety of images combined within one area. It also has some textures images as well as regular images as part of the set, so it works with the Baby Wipe Smooshing technique.
- I used a palette of Pear Pizzazz, Bermuda Bay and Sahara Sand, with touches of Island Indigo and Old Olive for darker accents. And for some sparkle I embossed the dragonfly and the frame for the sentiment in Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder and added Clear Wink of Stella.
- I tried a lot of different combinations for the card base, the background panel and the matte for the collage panel, but in the end, this won out. The Island Indigo and Silver Foil were just too much for the other colours while the neutral provides a nice neutral backdrop and lets the colours shine.
- The embossed background panel was embossed using the Hexagons Dynamic Embossing Folder, which is very three dimensional and leaves a deep impression especially when you spritz your cardstock with water before running it through the Big Shot. Due to the thickness of the embossing folder there is only need for a top cutting plate, not a bottom one.
- I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to get perfect placement for the word Friend in the frame of the sentiment. I know I should think about getting a stamp placement tool like a MISTI, but I keep waiting for Stampin' Up! to bring out something like it. They are always well aware of what is happening in the industry, and when they do bring out a new tool, it may be late, but it is always really good.
Well, I'm excited to reveal a few new things to you in the next couple of days, but have patience! Time marches inexorably on! I'll show you my Roomie Gifts on Wednesday!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today.