The talented Amanda has come up with another winner! It looks deceptively simple, but there is a lot of space that you have to design here. I first tried a fall design, but decided it was much to similar to my first sample so I went to something completely different!
- My palette is Coastal Cabana, Smoky Slate and Whisper White, and I went to Eastern Elegance for some DSP to match!
- My stamp set is Lovely Romance, which has a definite Baroque style, similar to Eastern Elegance. Baroque is an Arts period starting in the late 1600's defined by sumptuous ornate details. Read more about it here. I hand cut the little Smoky Slate design thingy (what do you call that??) and popped it up on Dimensionals.
- Do you notice the little slots I made in my Smoky Slate Cardstock to allow the Coastal Cabana strip to pass through? I actually had to do some math in order to have it centered properly! The Smoky Slate has been embossed with the Beautifully Baroque embossing folder.
- Now let me draw your attention to the doily, ribbon and Rhinestone Basic Jewels on this card. Stampin' Up doesn't sell any of them in this colour. The ribbon and the doily are Very Vanilla and the rhinestones are - well, just rhinestones.
- I mixed up some 70% Alcohol with several drops of Coastal Cabana reinker in a Stampin' Spritzer. I place the doily and the ribbon in an old pie plate and spritzed away. In seconds, both the ribbon and the Tea Lace Paper Doily were duly rendered Coastal Cabana coloured! And in a few more seconds (thanks to the alcohol), they were dry and ready to use! I love how they look here.
- The rhinestones were coloured using a Sharpie permanent marker - easy peasy!
I hope you'll play along, too! Here's the link again: As You See It Challenge 2.
Stamps: Lovely Romance (w130264; c130267)
Paper: Eastern Elegance Design Series Paper (130131); Coastal Cabana (131297), Smoky Slate (131202) and Whisper White (100730) cardstock
Ink: Classic Stampin' Pads in Coastal Cabana (131175) and Smoky Slate (131179); Coastal Cabana Ink Refill (131164); Sharpie marker
Accessories: Tea Lace Paper Doily (129399); 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon in Very Vanilla (retired); Large Rhinestone Basic Jewels (129324); Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)
Tools: Big Shot (113439); Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder (130917); Stampin' Spritzer (126185); Stampin' Trimmer (126889); Stamping Sponges (101610)
Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder
Eastern Elegance DSP
Lovely Romance Stamp Set
Rhinestone Basic Jewels