You know what a HUGE fan I am of washi tape, right? (not) But it's growing on me and I really like how easy it is to use. I haven't quite gotten to the point where I can just rip it and apply it willy nilly. I'm still either cutting or hiding the ends, but I admit that it is a lot of fun to just stick it on!
So, here's my thank-you to DS:
- I chose an odd colour scheme of Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Soft Sky and Gold for this card. I have no idea why! It just came to me, but I like it. The Soft Sky softens the drama of the Black, Vanilla and Gold.
- I unwittingly created an optical illusion with my Watercolour Wonder Washi Tape. Can you see it? Leave me a comment if you can explain it.
- The background DSP is from the Modern Medley collection which will be retiring this year. I will really miss the Basic Black and Very Vanilla designs. Best order that one soon, as it will only be available while supplies last!
- The heart is from the Peachy Keen Stamp Set. I stamped it twice, once in StazOn Jet Black and once in Soft Sky. I hand snipped them both out, but I left off the "shadow" on the Soft Sky heart. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to mount the blue heart on the black one, offset a little, and more Dimensionals to mount both of them on the card for a little vertical dimension.
- The Soft Sky swirl is from Clockworks, a retiring stamp set that is really going to be hard to say good-bye to! It is one of the great masculine sets we have and it has those great background collage elements. I can hardly wait to see what new masculine sets Stampin' Up! will include in the new Annual Catalogue coming out June 2.
- I added a few splatters of the Encore Metallic Gold stamp pad with the Gorgeous Grunge splatter stamp.
So, in closing, give three cheers for the Stampin' Up! Demo Support folks! Nice and loud now, so they can hear you, there in their cubicles in the home offices at Riverton, Utah! "Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!" Oh, well done!
Don't forget this week is Free Shipping from Stampin' Up!, bless their hearts! Perfect for ordering some of those retiring products you won't be able to live without! Email me or place your order online!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!