I enjoy coming up with cards for my classes. It gives me a direction to go with my designs. Yesterday, I was designing for my All Occasion Stamper's Dozen class and, previously, one of my customers had mentioned to me that she had every kind of card except a Congratulations card. So I set out to come up with a couple of designs. The one that you see above would make a good "Congratulations, you've just bought a home!" or even a Housewarming card. I decided I would use the layout for Pals Paper Arts Challenge #208:
- I really love Baked Brown Sugar and Hello Honey together, especially with a little touch of Blackberry Bliss. I rounded the corners of the Hello Honey panel and embossed it using the Stylish Stripes embossing folder. Just rounding the corners made it more a part of the design instead of just being in the background.
- The house stamp is from a set called Life's Adventure. It's a 5 stamp Hostess set which means that, in order to get it, you have to receive Hostess Benefits. How do you do that? Well, you host a party or private class which will hopefully put the orders from the party over $200 or more. Then you are eligible for at least $35 in free product, and you can use your Hostess dollars to purchase the special Hostess stamp sets, which are priced lower so you can get more for your money as a reward for being a hostess. Another way is to place an order on-line for over $200 before shipping and taxes, and you will earn at least $35 in free product yourself.
- There is one more way, and that's to join Stampin' Up! as a Demonstrator. Then you can order all those Hostess stamps you want! To do that, look for the "Join My Team" buttons and follow the prompts. I'd love to have you on my Papercraft Cats Team!
- This was the first time that I have effectively used the little Essentials Wooden Elements on a card, but these were the perfect embellishment! You can stamp with regular ink right on them and it doesn't rub off.
- I stamped the house in Baked Brown Sugar but I added the ink using a Stampin' Write Marker instead of the stamp pad so that I could avoid using the Welcome sentiment that's part of the house image. I used the Mossy Meadow Stampin' Write Marker to ink up the tree top as well. After the image was stamped, I used Hello Honey and Blackberry Bliss Stampin' Write Markers to add the accents you see.
- The Congratulation sentiment that I did use came from the set, Something to Say, as did the heart on the Essential Wooden Accent.
- You may recognize the Designer Series Paper strip across the top as part of the Moonlight Designer Series Paper stack. It's a great little bargain, with 48 sheets of double sided DSP for just $8.50!
On to the Weekly Deals:
These are Stampin' Up!'s deals for the week of June 24 - 30.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!