My hubby likes nothing better than to look at classic cars. If there is a car show on somewhere within a 20 mile radius, he'll be there if at all possible. He loves when classic cars have been restored with original parts and paint. This is one reason I was so excited to see Guy Greetings, a new stamp set in the up-coming Occasions 2015 catalogue. I think it is the penultimate masculine stamp set and secretly, I'm just waiting to get my hand on some gears and other steampunk paraphernalia and then you're going to see some major steampunk designs using this stamp set.
It has hats, it has old fashioned gents, it has tools, dapper looking shoes, and great sentiments! In short, I love it!! Here's a closer look at the card:
- The Designer Series Paper you're looking at is from a new Paper Stack in the Occasions Catalogue called Adventure Awaits! It has some paper with some amazing texture and masculine design, but I think it could be used for almost anyone! And at $8.50, it is a terrific value!
- The colours used are from the Adventure Awaits palette, Basic Gray, Mossy Meadow, Whisper White, with a touch of Island Indigo. A classic look for sure!
- The Basic Metal Buttons add a balancing touch to the card. I mounted them with three different orientations of the holes for variety and interest. When adding 3 elements in a line to a project, add the first and last ones and finally the middle. Doing it that way helps to get them lined up properly.
- I added a little Basic Gray sponging around the edges of the image panel to give it more of a vintage look. I used a Sponge Dauber, but a piece of a Stamping Sponge would work a little better I think.
- This is a quick and easy card to make, so give it a try!
Are you getting excited about the 2015 Occasions Catalogue yet? If you are one of my active customers, your copy should be arriving in the mail within the next week. If you don't receive one by then, contact me and I will see that you get one.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today! *List does not include Stampin' Up! sneak peek items. They will be available Jan. 6, 2015.
*Adventure Awaits Designer Series Paper Stack