It's just that time of life for me! Not only are my own daughters having babies and giving me grandchildren, but my nieces and nephew are also having little ones. One of my nieces, Katie, just gave birth to a little boy, Logan! So a card and gift are in order and I decided to do the shaker card thing again, since I've been having so much fun with it.
Freshly Made Sketches new Challenge sketch is simplicity itself and I decided keep it fairly Clean and Simple.
- I love this combination of colours: Mint Macaron, Lost Lagoon, Silver and Whisper White. It's such a clean look.
|Mint Macaron Lost Lagoon Silver|
- The Star Framelits gave me a shape to use for the shaker card opening! I liked the look of the star used in the sketch and I thought it would work well for a little boy baby. I used the Be the Star stamp set to add those little sprays of blue and silver stars on the top and bottom of the opening.
- Out of some Silver Foil Sheets, I used some of the Baby's First Framelits to die cut some booties and blossoms for the the shaker bits. Hmmm! Booties and Blossoms sounds like the name of a Baby Store, doesn't it?
- Fun Foam with adhesive on one side is perfect to use as the spacer for shaker cards! You can die cut the shape with a framelit very easily and it will match up perfectly with the hole in the card. The adhesive backing makes it simple to seal the cavity after filling it with the shaker bits and attaching the whole thing to the card base.
- It's a Boy is one of the sentiments from A Dozen Thoughts stamp set. After I stamped it in Lost Lagoon ink, I die cut it using one of the Bitty Banner Framelits, but having the second flagged end positioned off the paper so there would only be one.
- The Congratulations is from the Made with Love stamp set, also stamped in Lost Lagoon ink.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!