I felt like doing some ink smooshing today, so my mind wandered to The Paper Player's Challenge for this week, which is bicycles, and I thought of Sheltering Tree, which I haven't played with in a long time. (Forgive me for a short post, but I've been suffering with almost daily migraines for a week and a half, and I'm pretty much drained by the ordeal!)
Here's the close up:
- I smooshed some Blushing Bride ink followed by So Saffron ink, drying each layer in between, then stamped the tree trunk in Crumb Cake. The leaves or blossoms were layers of Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz and Melon Mambo, off setting the stamp quite a bit each time so that it wouldn't just look out of focus, but would give me a fuller canopy.
- The grass, a brush stroke image from the same set, was stamped in Pear Pizzazz, while the swing I added was in Soft Suede.
- What's neat about the bike is that it comes in two parts, the wheels, seat and handlebars being one part, and the frame being other. I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink for the wheels, seat and handlebars, and Pool Party for the frame.
- I sponged some Pool Party around the edges and mounted the Shimmery White panel on a border of Blushing Bride on a Crumb Cake card base.
- The Venetian Crochet Trim, a retiring product, adds some interest to the otherwise plain panel, and some random pearls finish it off.