Global Design Project have quite an intriguing challenge this week and I couldn't wait to play along especially since I'm on such a carnival kick lately.
This is my version of the target shooting game Dunk the Duck, only this one has rabbits so I guess we should call it Bonk the Bunny or something like that! These are the kinds of games you spend all your money on at carnivals. You come so close to winning that you want to keep trying, but you never quite make it to the end!
Anyway, this card that I made is a hidden slider card, meaning it's a slider card, but the slider track is hidden so that you can't see it. Here is the action of the slider in a video:
I've made good use of the Cupcakes & Carousels Designer Series Paper Stack, the Cupcakes & Carousels Embellishment Kit and the Suite Sentiments Stamp Set from the Occasions Catalogue. Take a closer look:
- Note that the row of bunnies (created with the Basket Bunch Bundle) is in a different place than in the photo at the top of the page. The slot that the bunnies move in is located behind the front of the booth. The bunnies are mounted on a piece of white cardstock that extends down to the slot and attaches to the dimes that sandwich the Dimensionals that move back and forth in the slot.
- If you're wondering where I got the coloured tassels, they are from the Cupcakes & Carousels Embellishment Kit, but I dyed them. I added some 70% alcohol (rubbing alcohol concentration) to a small container and added to that 30 or so drops of Calypso Coral reinker and then dipped the tassels in. After leaving them for around five minutes, I removed them and dried them. I added some more reinker to the mixture and then dipped the bottoms of the tassels in again, hoping for an ombre effect. It worked a bit, but the strands of the tassels act very much like wicks, pulling the liquid up. Because you're using alcohol, it dries quickly and you can add the tassels to you project in short order. I used a glue dot on the ring, with an Enamel Shape to cover up the exposed glue dot.
- The sentiment is from the Suite Sentiments stamp set and I inked it up using Stampin' Write Markers to get the two different colours. It gave a very clear image.
- The canopy I was actually going to make using flagged ends of 3/4" strips of the DSP, but when I moved the Banner Triple Punch and saw the leftover ends, they were the perfect size to mount on a 3/4" strip of Calypso Coral, scored at 1/4" and folded so that the 1/4" piece adheres behind the background designer paper.
- Gold Sequin Trim finishes it off perfectly.
We are in the final 9 days of Sale-A-Bration and to sweeten the pot, Stampin' Up! has added 7 new Sale-A-Bration Rewards!! These are regular products, with new catalogue numbers to use when you want to get them for free as a reward! All you have to do is to find $60 worth of products that you need and/or want and order them either on line or through me and you can earn one of these free!
Here are some photos:
Also, let me remind you that there is no better time to sign up and join Stampin' Up! than right now! If you do, you add a possible extra $136 of free product to your Starter Kit that you can't get at any other time! You only have 9 days left to make your decision! Call me! We'll talk!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today.