Brrr! Baby, it's cold outside! The thermometer has taken a nose dive! It's so nice to be snuggled up in my Craft Cave doing my favourite thing! Because it's Friday, it's time for another As You See It Challenge design. I took one look at Amanda's cute sketch and thought, "Hello, December!"
The cute front panel with the rounded edges made me thing of Project Life, so I thought I'd get out my card kits and have a look for what I could use to make a card. The first set I checked was the new "Hello, December!" kit and bingo! I found what I needed.
- Everything but a bit of cardstock came from either the Hello December card collection or the Accessories Pack! Look at how well the colours that are printed on the cards coordinate with the Stampin' Up! Cardstock. For example, the front panel is a printed card, but look how exactly the colour matches the real Crumb Cake flag just underneath!
- The sentiment is a little sticker from the Accessories Pack for Hello December. It goes so well with the theme of the card, and notice that you can use this for something other than a Christmas card! Even though it's geared to December, it is not necessarily all Christmas oriented.
- The card I used for the top panel did not come with rounded corners, but fortunately, I have the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch by Stampin' Up! and it does the job beautifully!
- I love the snowflakes down the center of the background panel, and of course, they coordinate with the snowflake on the front panel only in black instead of white.
- Gotta love those sequins. Not only are they metallic, but they are also glittered! They come in Lost Lagoon and Silver, but when the light catches them they reflect and refract so many colours. The one in the center of the big snowflake is actually silver, but seem to reflect tones of red as well.
Sooo, if you could make cards and memory keep with these Project Life kits as well, how much more versatile can you get? Watch a couple of Stampin' Up! videos below and let me know if you want in!
and one more:
I have a class on Memory Keeping Made Easy with Project Life this Tuesday evening. Message me if you want to attend or respond on Facebook.