Something wonderful happened in our family two nights ago. We heard the phone ring around midnight! Usually, this is cause for alarm, but we were expecting this call. You see, my oldest daughter, Erin, was overdue by a few days to have her second baby. No one knew the baby's gender as my daughter and her husband chose to keep it a surprise. She had phoned late in the afternoon to say that she might perhaps be in labour. We thought we'd hear the next morning, but after only four hours of labour, she gave birth to a little baby girl: Pippa June Darling, by name! We were overjoyed to have another granddaughter and will be heading down to the coast to meet her in person in the next day or so.
Here's the little 'Darling' not long after birth with her thumb jammed firmly in her mouth! A little hungry after all that hard work! Everything about the birth went very smoothly!
So, this afternoon, after doing an out-of-town class, and sitting in a Dr.'s office for over an hour, just to renew some prescriptions, we went baby gift shopping! Such fun! I'd still be there if my husband hadn't stopped me! Then I had to come home and put a card together for her.
The other great thing is that all my new toys from Stampin' Up! arrived the same evening Pippa did, and one of my new stamp sets, was, appropriately, Baby Bear! Here's what happened in my Craft Cave last night:
- I can't tell you how much I love this Baby Bear stamp set! I had my eye on it from the first moment I saw it in the Catalogue reveal! It's a three step stamp set and it makes such a realistic looking fluffy teddy bear. I tried a few colour combos but finally settled on Crumb Cake for the base layer, then Soft Suede, with Early Espresso for the details.
- Don't you heart that Designer Series Paper? It's a new set called Blooms & Bliss and the colours and water colour blending and the depth of the designs blew me away! I'll be showing you lots more of those designs over the next couple of weeks!
- I wanted to die cut the bear with a circle, but when I opened up my new Layering Circles framelits they were all too small for this rather large stamped image. So I cheated and used one of my old Circles Collection framelits. Of course, this meant that none of the scallop circles in the Layering Circles framelits would be big enough to back this circle. But I had a trick or two up my sleeve. First I sponged the edge of the image circle with some Flirty Flamingo to give it more definition. Then I cut out two of the largest scallop circles from the Layering Circles Framelits. I arranged them as you see in the photo and glued the Whisper White circle over top.
- The little two-step bow and the sentiments are all from the same Baby Bear set! Perfect for baby cards or kid cards, or cute and cuddly "I love you beary much!" cards!
- The finishing touch was the Flirty Flamingo enamel shapes! Yes, they're awesome! I'll be buying lots of those! Darn hard to get out of the packaging though!
Don't forget, your chance to try out Paper Pumpkin for only $7 starts today at 5 pm and runs for only 31 hours until Friday at 10:50 pm. Go to My Paper Pumpkin and make sure you enter the Promo Code: ONEDAYDEAL! And please select me as your demonstrator if you don't already have one. If you don't like it you can cancel after you get the first kit! It is honestly very easy to cancel. What have you got to lose? Give it a try.
I've got a ton to do before we can go visit little Pippa, so I will sign off for now! Thanks for stopping by!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today.