I think I bought the Guy Greetings stamp set strictly for the sentiment: "Righty Tighty, Lefty Loosey!" You see, I have struggled with issues like that my whole life, not knowing which way to turn a faucet or a screw to tighten it up or open it. Then my hubby came along and taught me that little saying and made my life so much easier! Although I didn't make this card for him, I was definitely thinking about him as I worked on it.
My goal was to create a masculine birthday card to use with my next Stamper's Dozen, but as the crafting session continued, I realized it was getting much too complicated for a Stamper's Dozen, but I was having so much fun, I didn't want to simplify.
- Of course, I used Guy Greetings for all the images and sentiments, with the exception of DAD, which was die cut from Adventure Bound DSP using the Little Letters Thinlits Dies. I embossed everything on Early Espresso cardstock using a mixture of silver and gold Stampin' Emboss Powder, which warms up the silver a bit.
- From another wood design of the Adventure Bound DSP stack, I die cut a shape with the Window Frame Collection Framelit dies and mounted on it a circle containing the embossed tools, punched with the 2" Circle Punch.
- I made a flag with the Happy Birthday sentiment and cut another banner just 1/8" bigger both ways as a backing. The background panel is another design from the Adventure Bound series. That brick design looks soo 3D!
- The lettering with the word, DAD, was die cut with the Little Letters Thinlets and I die cut the same letters in Early Espresso to use as shadows. If you notice, I cut the letters at different angles to the woodgrain for some variety.
- For balance and interest, I tied some randomly spaced knots in 3 strands of Linen Thread and added them to the left side of the panel. I love how that turned out.
I've been fighting some kind of virus for the last couple of days and one of the symptoms is blurry vision, so I hope I haven't missed any typos or other errors. I'm hoping that laying low for a while will help me to get back to normal again quickly. But I'm going to wish you a Happy Monday and go lie down again and catch up on my sleep!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the Stampin' Up! products used to make this card today!