Did you have one when you were a kid? An Etch-a-Sketch, I mean. I did and it was a lot of fun, but also frustrating. I never mastered the basic circle with one. But I was able to master the Etch-a-Sketch Magic Slider card I made for The Paper Players' Challenge #239 this week. The challenge is all about using die cuts.
Before I show you more of my card, here's some authentic Etch-a-Sketch art from people who have obviously had way too much time on their hands! Amazing!
I'm not sure whether or not to believe these are real!
My card is not just a cute replica of the Etch-a-Sketch. It's also a Magic Slider Card. Take a look!
If you're wondering how that works, I will create a tutorial for my next newsletter. Subscribe if you would like to give this a try. The Magic Slider bit is pretty amazing!
|Join My Mailing List|
For Email Marketing you can trustIf you're wondering what die cuts I used, I cut out the middle aperture using the Project Life Cards and Labels Framelits and those rounded corners were precisely what I needed and the perfect size! The knobs on the Etch-a-Sketch were die cut using the Starburst Framelits and the Circles Framelits!
- To create this I used a 12" x 12" piece of Real Red cardstock, scored it in half at six inches and then turned it 90 degrees and scored at 4" and 8". Then I trimmed top and bottom by 1/2" so that the finished card would be 5 1/2" long but a bit narrower than a regular card at 4" instead of 4 1/4". The measurements and details of all the folds, cuts and sizes will be in the tutorial.
- I used the Boys will be Boys stamp set for the images you see here. I thought that since the Etch-a-Sketch was a toy, toys would be appropriate images to use. Plus they have that sketchy look to them.
- This design also involves a window sheet panel, and I have to tell you, I hate using window sheets. I'll get the card almost finished and then I will somehow, no matter how careful I try to be, get a blob of adhesive on the window sheet. When you try to remove it, it just creates a big smudge. The only thing that works even a bit is the Clear Block Cleaning Cloth, but in this case it ended up rubbing the StazOn Ink off! I ended up restamping it and I wasn't happy about having to do that, because I had to use the Stamp-a-ma-jig again!
Don't miss out! There is only today and tomorrow left to take advantage of free shipping! Many of my customers have already ordered, so don't wait too long. Email me, phone me or shop at my On-Line Store, where you can browse in your jammies from the comfort of your home 24/7!
Anyway, it was fun trying out a new technique and here are some of the materials I used.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the Stampin' Up! products used to make this card today!