Sometime soon we are travelling to my sister's place and going to the baptism of my second great nephew, Logan, the son of my niece, Katie. Here's the little guy here:
I am so looking forward to meeting him and spending some time with my sisters. It's going to be fun! But, of course I had to make a card for the baptism and I thought I'd use the layout from The Paper Player's Challenge this week: (And Linda Callahan, I didn't copy you, I promise! I only really saw your card when I had finished mine!)
I also wanted to feature more of the retiring products from the old Annual Catalogue and the perfect stamp set is Zoo Babies! I also have a lot of Designer Series Paper left this year so I welcomed the chance to use some of it in this design:
- I used Sweet L'il Things Designer Series Paper along with the colour palette from the set, so Hello Honey, Pool Party, Tangelo Twist and Tip Top Taupe all got to shine here.
- I think this giraffe is my favourite image from Zoo Babies. I inked him up here in Hello Honey and added the Tip Top Taupe accents right onto the stamp with a Stampin' Write Marker.
- The sentiment is from another retiring stamp set, Trust God. This was, of course, very appropriate for a baptism.
- I made great use of the Circles Collection Framelits and the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, which is retiring. The little heart was punched with one of the three punches in the retiring Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.
- The lettering for "Logan's Baptism" was done with the Alphabet Rotary Stamp, which is also gone for good after May 31, but I am planning to hang on to mine, because it's really handy when you want to make your own sentiments!
Thanks for dropping by! Have a great day!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today.