My oldest daughter once expressed extreme distaste for a popular song many years back. It was the song Patio Lanterns by Kim Mitchell. She said she wouldn't be caught dead listening to it! When it came time for her wedding, I made a computer slide show for her and used some of her favourite music over the years in the video. By way of a joke, one of the songs I used was, you guessed it - Patio Lanterns. She laughed so hard!
Looking at the card I made today, of course you can see why that song came immediately to mind. I wanted a card for my Technique Nights with which my customers could easily try out the new Stampin' Blendabilities ( or Blendies, as we've nicknamed them!) This was the perfect solution, besides which I love this image from the stamp set Today & Everyday!
- This stamp has it's own sentiment, "You light up my life!", but it's a bit cheesy and I wanted a sentiment that was more practical for my customers. I used regular cellophane tape to tape over the sentiment on the stamp, then inked up the stamp in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and removed the tape before I stamped. It's an easy way to mask part of a stamp that you don't want to use. Instead, I chose the versatile sentiment, "celebrate!" from the And Many More.. stamp set. It's also stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
- I love this colour combo of Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe and Coastal Cabana, with Crumb Cake. It looks so summery. I used the Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral and Coastal Cabana Assortments of the Blendies.
- I like the different widths of the borders on this card. It definitely adds interest!
- If you look carefully, you can see that I used the Blendabilities Colour Lifter to create highlights in the middle of each lantern, where the intensity of the light coming through would wash out the colour of the lanterns. It works very effectively here. It is more accurately a colour pusher, not a colour lifter.
- A little accent of Coastal Cabana thick twine adds a perfect touch here.
If you want to play around with the Blendies before you purchase them, come to my Technique Night classes tonight or tomorrow night and learn how to use them. Let me know right away though so that I can have the projects cut for you.
"Those patio lanterns, they were the stars in our skies. Those patio lanterns lighting up our lives!
Just a reminder about my awesome Blog Candy giveaway, open until Friday, August 8 at midnight PDT. To have a chance to win these prizes:
Leave a comment on the Blog Candy post, telling me how you receive my blog: Bloglovin, Email, Facebook, Google + or some other way, and your name will be entered in a random drawing to take place on Friday, August 8 at midnight PDT. This is a great deal and well worth your while to enter.
US Residents may enter but will get a different prize, that I can more easily ship to you. See details on the post link above.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!