I think you may know that I am ultimately conflicted about Halloween and have been for years. I don't like the connotations of evil and violence and terror. On the other hand, I really kind of like the colour combinations, graphic art and the drama of it all. Many of my customers are not into Halloween either, so I downplay it, but sometimes, I really need to get out my orange and black and just create with it. Thankfully, Color Throwdown and Freshly Made Sketches gave me a reason for doing so, (as did The Paper Players, with a challenge I will show you later in the week).
Such a fun sketch from FMS156 and I just love the Kraft, Orange, Black and Gray colour palette from Color Throwdown #312.
Here's another look at my card:
- In looking for background Designer Series Paper to fit the colour scheme, I came up with this one from the Motley Monsters collection. This would be a good design for many cards, not just around Halloween. It makes the set more versatile.
- Speaking of DSP (Designer Series Paper), you can get a free pack a month for six months if you join my team and sign up to be a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator by Oct. 31!
- I used the Fall Fest Stamp Set yet again for this! I'm having so much fun with it. And of course, I paired it with the Fun Fall Framelits. Don't you love the cute faces on the Jack-o'-Lanterns?
- You can't see it in the photo, but the piece of black cardstock has been embossed with the Woodgrain embossing folder. I sponged it with some Smoky Slate, hoping it would show up better, but I guess I needed some White Craft ink instead.
- The sentiment is from Good Greetings, which is the awesome stamp set that you can earn as a Hostess for the rest of this month.
- You won't need any more holiday sentiments after you earn this one, which is only available to Hostesses. My Private class dates are filling up quickly though so don't wait to get a hold of me and book one, my house or yours!
The October Stamp of the Month On-Line Club is ready to go with the new stamp set of the month being Ornamental Pine:
These are the three cards you will receive along with the step-by-step photo tutorials for them.
To join, head over to Stamp of the Month On Line Club and read the details, then fill out the form. You will not need to send money at the time you sign up. I will invoice you.
You can get a good head start on your Christmas cards with these designs and my instructions.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!Product List