Two of my grandsons have birthdays this month only a day apart. Kesten will be 3 this year, and his cousin, Wyatt, will turn 2! Interestingly enough, both boys have a favourite cartoon character that they like, so when I saw Shaun the Sheep and Stuart the Minion on Pinterest, I knew I had to make a card for each grandson!
Kesten loves the minions! Stuart and his other minion friends just starred in their own feature length movie.
Wyatt loves Shaun the Sheep! Shaun has a new movie set to be released in August!
The minion card is a copy of one I made previously. You can find all the instructions for that one here.
- This card was CASE'd from Kelly Kent and I followed her instructions. I changed some minor things on the card to suit it for my grandson's birthday, but it is her brilliant design!
- This is punch art at it's most creative, for many of the shapes here were made from the new Tree Builder Punch! This was designed to coordinate with the Sprinkles of Life Stamp Set, but, as you can see, it's much more versatile!
- Here are the instructions: Head - 1 1/4" Circle punch with sides cut off Ears - Flower Fair Framelits Wool on head - Scallop flower from Tree Builder Punch Body - Tree Top (leaves) from Tree Builder Punch Legs - Tree Trunk from Tree Builder Punch Eyes - Medium Circles (in white) from Owl Builder Punch and circles (in black) from Cupcake Builder Punch
- The Whisper White panel was embossed with the Happy Heart Embossing Folder and the DSP I used on the front was from the Cherry On Top Designer Series Paper Stack and I also die cut the letters for EWE from the same DSP using the Little Letters Thinlits.
- The sentiment is from Remembering Your Birthday and it's die cut with the Bitty Banners Framelits.
Give these a try! They're fairly simple to do and they'll make some child very happy!