I must have squealed out loud with delight when I saw this week's As You See It Challenge. You see, it's all about the seashore, and you know how I love coastal design of any kind! Take a look at the challenge sketch:
Thank you Amanda! So then came some decisions about colour and specifics. The colours I decided to use were Sahara Sand, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe and Pool Party.
By the Tide. I also used the splatter from Gorgeous Grunge and the sentiment from Picture Perfect.
- I wasn't sure from the challenge sketch, which part was the sea and which was the sand, but with the torn piece on the top, I thought that would make a better sea, with the waves coming into shore. The torn paper and the embossed spatter from Gorgeous Grunge make great sea foam.
- The back panel in Tip Top Taupe was embossed with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder, which kind of reminds me of air bubbles in the water.
- On the Sahara Sand sand (lol) I added a stamped off version of the script stamp in By the Tide, in Mint Macaron ink and then I stamped the shell, the seahorse and the postmark on separate pieces of Very Vanilla and fussy cut them and added them to the sand.
- A narrow strip of Silver 1/8" ribbon adds a light touch to the top of the card. I just fastened a 5" length of the ribbon to the back with Fast Fuse adhesive and then tied a short piece to the front to make an unassuming little knot, or faux bow as we used to call them.
- The top sentiment is from the Picture Perfect stamp set and it has a great font for this card. It is embossed in White Stampin' Emboss Powder, like the sea foam a little further down.
And that wraps up another week! Hope you've had a good one! Make the most of the weekend and don't forget to do something crafty! Why not enter this sketch challenge over at As You See It Challenges this week.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today.