One thing you can do with a brayer is to ink up the inside of an embossing folder, which will then transfer the ink to your paper on the raised bits, depending on which side you inked it. Just add the paper and run the embossing folder through the Big Shot. So my last sample for the class uses this technique.
I also wanted to play along with Dynamic Duos Challenge #93:
Here's my card:
- I just love the combination of Pink Pirouette and Sahara Sand. And it is a combination that just calls out for some vintage treatment.
- I dug out a little used stamp set, Daydream Medallions, which is perfect for this design, with it's ornate images and the fact that they coordinate with the Floral Frames Framelits which I used to create the big flower here.
- The Modern Mosaic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder is just right for this brayer technique. When you ink the brayer up with Sahara Sand ink and roll it onto the raised surface on the inside bottom of the embossing folder, you come out with the outline of the quatrefoils in white and the inside of them in the Sahara Sand, which perfectly accents the design. You will never get perfect coverage using this technique, because the Big Shot isn't meant to do that, but it's great for a vintage card and hey, "Life Doesn't Have to Be Perfect to be Wonderful!"
- You can get a closer look at that flower in this photo. I die cut each layer twice, once in Pink Pirouette with the Daydream Medallion stamped on and once in Sahara Sand. I layered them and fastened them through the center with an Antique Brad. I then slightly lifted up the pink layers to give it some dimension.
- The tag is made with our new Scallop Tag Topper Punch and it is topped with a little bow in Pink Pirouette Taffeta Ribbon.
- The sentiment is from one of my favourite new sets, Perfect Pennants.
So, I hope you're going to invest in a brayer and give these techniques a try. You can really create some unique projects.
Blog Candy Reminder
I just want to remind you that I have some Blog Candy to give away! Here's a sneak peek at what you get:
To be eligible to win, click on this link to the original post. I will be posting the winner on Sunday, so you have until Saturday, Mar. 15 at midnight to comment on the original post. May the odds be ever in your favour!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!