But Pals to the rescue! I saw the latest Pals Paper Arts Challenge sketch and wanted to do it, as I had missed quite a few of them lately.
I came as close as I could to these colours and here's the result:
- This card "makes me HAPPY"! I would have never thought to get out Tempting Turquoise and match it with So Saffron, but I will now! They are gorgeous together with a little Smoky Slate for a neutral.
- Don't you love that poppy? Are there such things as turquoise poppies? Probably not, but there should be!
There are! Look what I found on Google - a Himalayan Blue Poppy! You learn something new every day!
- I added some dimension to the poppy by stamping it twice in StazOn Jet Black and colouring both images with Tempting Turquoise and Bermuda Bay Stampin' Write Markers. I cut two of the petals out from one image and use glue dots to adhere them on to the main image.
- I love the whimsical look of the little dots on one of the stamps. Makes me think of wisps in the wind.
- I had to use that amazing watercolour swoosh stamp again! (The one that gives the graded intensity!) It worked so well as the background to the sentiment.
- Candy dots and a Designer Button in So Saffron added balance and interest to the design.
What do you think of this stamp set? How have you used that swoosh stamp? Let me know in a comment below!
Here are the weekly deals for March 25 - 31.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!