While we are on the topic of summer reading, why not bring a little fun into the mix with this darling little turtle bookmark that I designed for my summer Mom and Me classes (or Grandma and Me classes)! One of the little girls that comes with her mom was wanting to make a turtle last time, but I couldn't come up with a stamp set that had a turtle in it. So for the next session this week, I was determined to have a turtle. This one is punch art! And he's slowing crawling up a hexagon flagstone path!
- His shell is a 1 3/4" punched circle made with the same sized punch and Old Olive cardstock. I punched out some Pear Pizzazz circles using the Owl Builder Punch and glued them on the shell with Tombow Multipurpose glue. The lines on the shell and the feet and nose are done with one of the Project Life Journaling Pens.
- His eyes are also punched out of Basic Black cardstock using the Owl Builder Punch. I added some white gel ink for highlights using the uniball Signo Gel Pen.
- His head is the large oval punch used on Wild Wasabi cardstock and his legs are 2 Word Window punches cut in half. The tail is actually one of the ears of the Owl from the Owl Builder punch.
- The bookmark itself is made from 2" x 5 1/2" Coaster board topped with the same sized piece of Crushed Curry and a 1 1/2" x 5 1//4" piece of Confetti Celebration cardstock center on top. The whole piece was put in a Scallop Tag Topper punch and heavy pressure used to punch through all layers especially with the coaster board in there.
- I used a Little Letters Thinlit to cut out an initial from Tangelo Twist cardstock to personalize the book mark, and some Stitched Satin Ribbon in either Mossy Meadow or Tangelo Twist at the top.
Bound to bring a little fun to the reading process!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!