I love optical illusions under most circumstances! They really make you question your reality. What's up and what's down? How does that go again??
Are they under or over?
Do you see vases or faces?
And here's our very own Stampin' Up Optical Illusion - our new Chevron Ribbon:
Doesn't it look like the left hand side is narrower than the right? Well, it isn't, of course, but the chevron design causes it to look wider on the right. Here's the proof that they are the same:
Fun, though! I first noticed this when I was making a card today for Dynamic Duos Challenge #57, which was Pear Pizzazz and Basic Black with a dessert theme of plants. It is also a sample for my All Occasion Stamper's Dozen class this weekend:
- The optical illusion of the Basic Black Chevron Ribbon is partially obscured by the snippet of Pear Pizzazz Ribbon I used just below it. I still love the look of the ribbon though. I did notice the effect was lessened when you used it vertically or when you tied a knot or a bow in it.
- Love the new Designer Series Paper Stacks with their new patterns. The DSP in the third layer is from the Subtles collection - Pear Pizzazz.
- I used one of the Adorning Accents Edgelits to die cut the edge in the scallops. To get them even I temporarily adhered the Whisper White and Basic Black panels together and die cut them at the same time, then moved the white panel up a bit before adhering them permanently.
- I inked up the tree image using Stampin' Write markers. Make sure you "huff" on the stamp with your warm breath to remoisten the ink before you stamp.
- I also inked up the sentiment from the same set with a Basic Black Stampin' Write marker because I only wanted the top part of the sentiment.
- How cute are the new Designer Buttons, here from the Neutrals collection?
This is the challenge logo:
Just goes to show you can't always believe your own eyes! Have a good one and thanks for dropping by today!
Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers (w128751; c127805)
Paper: Designer Series Paper Stacks - Subtles (130135); Pear Pizzazz (131201), Basic Black (121045) and Whisper White (100730) card stock
Ink: Stampin' Write Markers in Pear Pizzazz (131266) and Basic Black (100082)
Accessories: 3/4" Chevron Ribbon in Basic Black (130010), 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon in Pear Pizzazz (retired); Neutrals Designer Buttons (130031)
Tools: Adorning Accents Edgelits (125595)
Adorning Accents Edgelits
Basic Black Chevron Ribbon
Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
Neutrals Collection Designer Buttons
Pear Pizzazz Stampin' Write Marker
Subtles Collection Designer Series Paper Stacks