I am pleased and proud to announce that my third grandson, Wyatt Drysdale Poettcker, was born at 9:12 am on Wednesday, June 26, weighing in at 8 lbs. 6 oz. His mom and dad are doing well! We left at 10 pm for the four hour journey to Vancouver, and arrived just as Erin was heading to the hospital.
Wyatt is such a contented little guy, SO FAR! And he is a natural at nursing, his career choice at this point! lol
Just before we left, I designed a vintage-style card, which I am thinking of using as one of my Convention Swaps. It's missing some embellishments, because my order didn't arrive before we had to go, but I'll show it to you again, once I've got them. Here it is:
- Do you ever find that when you look at a photograph of your cards, that you can tell right away if it's one of your better creations or not? Not sure about this one.
- I think that I would use less sponging in Soft Suede. I was doing an emboss resist technique for the newsprint panel, but all the other panels and elements just cover it up, so there's no point, and therefore no need for such heavy sponging with the Soft Suede.
- What other embellishments would you use with the Very Vintage Button? It needs more to balance it.
- How do you like the new stamp set: Tea Party? Just made for a vintage card, I think.
- Here's another example of how the 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim is ideal for curves and ovals, due to the stretch and the gathered ruffle. Here, I'm using Coastal Cabana, which is one of the colours in the Afternoon Picnic Designer Series Paper.
- The Delicate Details Lace Tape is so easy to use and adds a pretty element to the card.
- I did a little stitching with my sewing machine down the right side of the polka dot panel.
Just a reminder that today is the last day to submit orders for the Mystery Hostess Contest and the $50 Shopping Spree as well as for Product Shares. Product Shares are going ahead, so you might want to take advantage of the opportunity to get more variety of paper and embellishments, without having to buy full amounts of each colour or style. The orders have really been pouring in, so I know the rewards are going to be BIG!! Don't miss out on the opportunity to win lots of free product from Stampin' Up!!
Stamps: Tea Party (w129135; c129138)
Paper: Afternoon Picnic Designer Series Paper (131390); Wisteria Wonder (122922), Soft Suede (115318) and Very Vanilla (101650) cardstock
Ink: Classic Stampin' Pad in Soft Suede (126978); VersaMark (102283)
Accessories: 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim in Coastal Cabana (130024); Very Vintage Buttons (129327); Tea Lace Doily (129399); Delicate Designs Lace Tape (130966)
Tools: Ovals Collection Framelits (129381); Stamping Sponges (101610)
Afternoon Picnic DSP
Tea Party Stamp Set
Very Vintage Buttons