The last part of June is kind of up-in-the-air, as we wait for news that our third grandbaby is making a grand entrance into the world. The due date is June 20, but we all know how punctual first babies are! So I have to have a lot of contingency plans ready for some of my classes and events!
But this means that we will miss the first birthday of my second grandson, Kesten! His birthday is June 25 and he is such a little dear that I'm sad to miss his big day. We have sent his present and card north, but I wanted to share with you the card I made for him.
- I used the stamp set You're Amazing to create this card including the beautiful script, which I used the Apothecary Accents Framelit to cut out, trimming off one end.
- The balloon was inked up in Island Indigo and was stamped off once so that the image was light enough so you could see the number 1 on it.
- I stamped the number using the new ABC-123 Sketch Alphabet & Numbers in Real Red.
- The cardstock colours I used are Sahara Sand, Island Indigo and Real Red.
- The DSP is from the new series called Gingham Garden.
- I used one of the new Candy Dots in Island Indigo on the sentiment.
Here's a quick peek at the inside:
- I was pleased with how easy it was to line up the letters, also from ABC-123 Sketch Alphabet & Numbers, to form Kesten's name.
- The set only comes in Clear Mount, which I find is much easier to line up to make words than wood mount would be.
- I just lined up the first four letters on a clear mount block and stamped them.
- I left the T where it was to help with adding the E and N in the right position after the T, then I removed the T and stamped the last two letters and it looks pretty even.
- I had to cross out the last two words of the verse from Bring on the Cake, because he will only have one candle! lol
I hope he has a great day!
I also have a quick Crafty Clues by Heather video tutorial to share with you today. This one shows you the steps to making a fork bow. Here it is:
Have a great weekend! See you on Monday. Don't forget to check out my Product Shares.
Stamps: You're Amazing (w132103; c126722); ABC-123 Sketch Alphabet & Numbers (c130565); Bring on the Cake (w128490; c121958)
Paper: Gingham Garden DSP (129310); Island Indigo (122923), Sahara Sand (121043) and Real Red (102482) cardstock
Ink: Classic Stampin' Pads in Island Indigo (126986) and Real Red (126949)
Accessories: Regals Collection Candy Dots (130932)
Tools: Apothecary Accents Framelits (127003); 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch (118874)
You're Amazing Stamp Set
Apothecary Accents Framelits
Bring on the Cake Stamp Set
ABC-123 Alphabet & Numbers Stamp Set
Gingham Garden DSP
Regals Collection Candy Dots