Last night I went to a bridal shower for the bride of my friend's son! We had a great time with the lady who was demonstrating Pampered Chef products for us.
There is something magical about that time in a woman's life. I have to confess that one of my guilty pleasures is watching "Say Yes to the Dress." No matter how plain a woman is, she gets into the right wedding gown and she is transformed into a princess! And maybe for the first time in her life, she feels beautiful. If only we could hang on to that perception of ourselves!
- I used exclusively Whisper White cardstock, but used the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder on one layer and the retired Lacy Brocade folder on the umbrella.
- The center panel was edged using the Scallop Trim Border punch and then adding some Whisper White Organza Ribbon layered with some of the 1/8" Silver Ribbon. I used the same ribbon to make 2 little "fork" bows.
- I used the Expressions Thinlets "love" die. Just a tip for those - I find if I run in back and forth in the Big Shot several times, the paper is then cut all the way through and it removes easily from the die.
- Now, about that umbrella handle - it's a toothpick! I used an ordinary round toothpick and rolled it in some Versamark ink and dropped it in my container of White Stampin' Emboss powder. Then I picked it out with a pair of tweezers and heat embossed it, using the Stampin' Up Heat Tool. That gave me a white handle and I tied a little fork bow and attached it to the handle.
- The umbrella itself is punched out with a 2 1/2" Circle punch from embossed paper and cut in two, a little lower than half way and edged with the Scallop Trim Border Punch. It is then adhered to the handle using glue dots.
I really like the way it turned out. The different textures and the shiny, silver ribbon adds some contrast. Have a great week!
Stamps: (Inside) Love and Laughter (w128433; c125477)
Paper: Whisper White (100730) card stock
Ink: StazOn Jet Black (101406) (inside); VersaMark (102283)
Accessories: White Stampin' Emboss Powder (109132); 5/8" Organza Ribbon in Whisper White (114319); Silver 1/8" Ribbon (132137); 1 round toothpick
Tools: Heat Tool (129053); Textured Impressions Embossing Folders: Perfect Polka Dots (117335) and Lacy Brocade (retired); Expressions Thinlits Die (132171); Big Shot (113439); 2 1/2 " Circle Punch (120906); Scallop Trim Border Punch (118402)
2 1/2" Circle Punch
Love & Laughter
5/8" Organza Ribbon
Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder
Scallop Trim Border Punch
Silver 1/8" Ribbon
StazOn Jet Black Ink