- How did I do? Random? Check. Shiny? Check. Out of place....well, no. Oddly they seemed to fit on this card. Weird.
- I did get some flak for the birds from the Modern Medley DSP. They are meant to be silhouettes of flying doves. Everyone else seemed to think they were crows, in which case the sentiment would be a plea! Then there was my hubby, who soothed my hurt feelings by saying, "No, dear, I don't think they're crows!" "Thanks, hon!" I sighed with relief. "No, actually, that looks more like a flock of seagulls! Ha, ha, ha!" Smack!
- As always, that burlap ribbon makes the card. LOVE it! And that little pop of Cherry Cobbler. The Cherry Cobbler flag is embossed with the Pretty Print Embossing Folder.
- The sentiment is from the Calm Christmas stamp set, which does have a dove image in it, but a lot bigger than these pigeons.
- A little sponging just adds to the rustic look I was going for. Soft Suede is always my ink of choice for sponging.
- The more I use framelits, the more I appreciate Apothecary Accents. They give just the right touch for sentiments and labels. Although there is just one size of each shape, you can matte them easily by die cutting a second in another colour, preferably darker and cutting it in half vertically. I cut off the little knobs at the top so you don't see the separation where the cut is and then I glue each half extending beyond each end. Ta da!
Okay, I've mastered staples! Now, on to ripped washi tape. Might have to grit my teeth for that one, though.
Here's a new promotion from Stampin' Up, in case you were getting bored:
Click on the photo above to find out the downloads on sale and the print products as well.
Stamps: Calm Christmas (w132736; c132739)
Paper: Modern Medley DSP (126926); Basic Black (121045), Crumb Cake (120953), Cherry Cobbler (119685) and Very Vanilla (101650) cardstock
Ink: Classic Stampin' Pad in Soft Suede (126978) and Cherry Cobbler (126966)
Accessories: 1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon (132140); Staples (yeah!)
Tools: Stapler; Apothecary Accents Framelits (127003); Pretty Print Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (132175); Big Shot (113439)
Apothecary Accents Framelits
1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon
Modern Medley Design Series Paper
Pretty Print Embossing Folder
Calm Christmas Embossing Folder