Before we get into today's Dynamic Duo's entry, I want to give you a BIG HEADS UP! Stampin' Up! is restocking the Clearance Rack and giving you massive savings of
up to 80% off starting Today!!
Go there, right now!!! You know how fast things fly off that Clearance Rack, and especially with these amazing savings!
The Dynamic Duos Challenge 82 this week is the Bold and Cheery combination of Primrose Petals and Gumball Green. To be completely honest, I wasn`t sold on this combination at first until I saw some of the Design Team`s samples!
I immediately thought of a shaped card and decided to go with the Floral Collection Framelits, which I haven`t used in an age, but I wanted to stick with a Christmas theme, so I decided to use my Festive Flurry Framelits.....except I couldn't find them anywhere! I had lent them out to someone and they returned them, but in the frenzy of my last week, I have a sinking feeling I might have left them in the bag accidentally and thrown them out! I spent a frantic hour searching everywhere, but no luck. At any rate here`s what I did:
- The shaped card is made folding the cardstock in half and placing the framelit on it so that part of the fold does not get cut. I then usually cut out a single sheet with the same framelit to adhere to the front of the card base so you don`t have to see the cut off edge.
- I used Silver Foil and Whisper White as my neutrals here and stamped the Whisper White piece with one of the Daydream Medallions stamps in Gumball Green.
- In place of my missing Festive Flurries Framelit, I used the retired Snow Flurry Bigz die.
- I used all three snowflakes from the Snow Flurry die, two in Primrose Petals cardstock and one in Silver Foil.
- Each layer except the first was mounted with Stampin` Dimensionals to give some vertical dimension to it.
- A beautiful Frosted Finishes embellishment adds the crowning touch.
And finally, if all those savings were not enough, here are your weekly deals: