The solution, of course, is to give them money to buy what they want, but handing over cold, hard, cash seems like such a cop-out! Where's the thought and personalized effort that makes a gift special? But what if you gave them a gift card, either to a specific store, or a general one to a mall? And what if you put said gift card into a fabulous gift card holder that demonstrate a lot of effort on your part to make Christmas special for that person?
Here's a sample of what I mean:
- I'm using a Coastal Cabana, Island Indigo and and Smoky Slate with silver accents for the palette.
- The belly band holding the gift card together is created with the textured 12 x 12 Smoky Slate cardstock, the Festive Flurry stamps and framelits and topped with a Frosted Finishes Embellishment.
- This gift card holder was made using the card base for the Pop 'n Cut dies, with no insert in the middle. The base was scored in three places and folded along the score lines in an accordion-like way and then two of the parts were adhered along the bottom to make a pocket in the middle of the card for the gift card.
- Here you can see the inside of the card and the little pocket created for the gift card. It was punched with half the Modern Label punch and the 3/4" Circle punch to make the opening for the card with a little thumb grip to get the card out.
- I added a cute stamp from Tags 4 You and the "to: from:" stamp from the same set. There is a punch called the Bracket Punch that coordinates with these stamps, but I don't have it yet. I had to cut it out by hand. The Winter Frost DSP adorns both the outside and inside of the card holder.
- Even though the belly band holds it together well, the little tabs from the Pop 'n Cut card base add some extra security.
If you would like to make this cute project, it's one of the ones we will be doing on the next Technique Nights, which will be a week late this month only, due to my commitment to our church outreach. They will be held on Wednesday, December 11 or Thursday, December 12. Let me know if you'd like to register for one of those nights.
Remember, if you want any of the fantastic Holiday sale bargains, let me know by 10 pm tonight so that I can get the order in on time. You don't want to miss out!
Here's a list of the supplies I used: (Just click on any item to find it in my On-Line Store, where you can purchase it.)
- Festive Flurry Wood-Mount Stamp Set
- Festive Flurry Clear-Mount Stamp Set
- Tags 4 You Wood-Mount Stamp Set
- Tags 4 You Clear-Mount Stamp Set
- Coastal Cabana 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
- Silver Glimmer Paper
- Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Smoky Slate 12" X 12" Textured Card Stock
- Winter Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper
- Island Indigo Classic Stampin' Pad
- Coastal Cabana Classic Stampin' Pad
- Festive Flurry Framelits Dies
- Modern Label Punch
- 3/4 Inch Circle Punch
- Sticky Strip