Here's one last sneak peek! After today I will be able to show you products and give you catalogue numbers for ordering them.
- This card was created for my Technique Class using new catalogue products. I figure that after Christmas you're are all going to need lots of thank you cards, so you can thank Aunt Mabel for the lovely sweater that looked like a fully bedecked Christmas tree complete with tinsel!
- Notice the vellum overlaying the Coastal Cabana card base. It is the new Fancy Foil Designer Vellum and comes in 3 different designs in either silver or gold. The metallic elements on the vellum, besides looking gorgeous, give the added benefit of being able to use adhesives without them showing through.
- The stamp set I used is called Peaceful Petals and has 5 beautiful floral images and 2 sentiments. I embossed the images on Coastal Cabana with black embossing powder and used a Coastal Cabana Stampin' Write Marker to colour in some sections darker and add some depth.
- I stamped the sentiment with StazOn Jet Black right on the vellum. My first sample, I tried to heat emboss it in black, but I found out that doesn't work as the gold stripes heated up and melted as well and left holes. So a word to the wise: You can't heat emboss this vellum.
- I hemmed and hawed about adding the doily. I wanted to do a little gold embossing on parts of it and it did work and added some interest, but I'm not sure if it wouldn't be more classic without the doily. Or maybe the doily needs more gold on it.
- Notice that I rounded all the corners on the card. Now that I have the envelope punch board, I can use the opposite side as an awesome corner rounder!
I hope you enjoyed that one last Sneak Peek, and be ready with your wish list tomorrow for the new 2014 Occasions Catalogue!
By the way, I have 2 new openings in my Stamp Club and can fit in two more people, for those customers who indicated an interest. It will definitely be worthwhile and allow you to earn free Stampin' Up product by having a month where you are become the Hostess - meaning you will get all the Hostess Rewards from all the other Stamp Club orders that month. Here's more information on that. Let me know if you want to join! First come, first served!
- Coastal Cabana 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
- Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Versamark Pad
- Black Stampin' Emboss Powder
- Heat Tool
- Paper Snips
- Jet Black StazOn Pad
- Envelope Punch Board
- Tea Lace Paper Doilies
- Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder
- 2012-2014 In Color Stampin' Write Markers
- Peaceful Petals Stamp Set (wood or clear )*
- Watercolour Wonder DSP*
- Fancy Voil Designer Vellum*
*Available on Jan. 3 from the Occasions Catalogue 2014!!!!