But I was ready to wade back into the 70s just for you, to create a retro Valentine card. And in case you haven't guessed by now, I'm using the Retro Fresh products and colour scheme.
Get ready to go back in time:
- I used Washi Tape again! (Little dance, patting myself on the back) It's the Retro Fresh washi tape which coordinates with the Retro Fresh DSP which you see on the bottom panel. I'm kind of warming up to this colour palette of Baked Brown Sugar, So Saffron, Coastal Cabana, Tangerine Tango and Very Vanilla.
- I didn't actually have a lava lamp back then, but I think one of my boyfriends did, if I remember correctly. In the days before Facebook, it was quite entertaining to watch the globs of "lava" change and transmutate! This image is from the Crazy, Mixed Up Love stamp set, and I'm planning a couple more quirky Valentines using this set. Keep tuned.
- The Coastal Cabana panel was embossed using the new Arrows Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and the Big Shot. Wow! That's quite a deep texture!
- The circle was created by laying strips of washi tape over an area about 2 3/4" square, then using the 2 1/2" Circle Punch to punch it out, tape and all. It works very well and you still get nice crisp cuts. The So Saffron starburst shape behind it was die cut with a Starburst Framelit die.
- I just finally took delivery of the Just Sayin' stamp set and Word Bubbles framelits. I ordered them as a bundle and saved 15%. This one is just perfect for this card. I'm going to have some real fun with these, I can see.
What was your favourite decade? How about your least favourite? And the most important question of all - what do YOU think about disco music? Let me know in a comment below!
To purchase any of the products listed below used to make this project, simply click on the links which will take you directly to my On-Line Stampin' Up! Store, where you can view the products and make a purchase if you like. You can have it delivered right to your door!
- Crazy, Mixed-Up Love Wood-mount Stamp Set
- Crazy, Mixed-Up Love Clear-mount Stamp Set
- Just Sayin' [english, wood]
- Just Sayin' [english, clear]
- Retro Fresh Designer Series Paper
- Baked Brown Sugar 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
- Coastal Cabana 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
- So Saffron 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Very Vanilla 8-1/2X11 Card Stock
- Coastal Cabana Classic Stampin' Pad
- Tangerine Tango Classic Stampin' Pad
- Retro Fresh This And That Designer Washi Tape
- Arrows Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- 2-1/2 Inch Circle Punch
- Starburst Framelits Dies
- Word Bubbles Framelits Dies
- Just Sayin' Wood-Mount Bundle
- Just Sayin' Clear-Mount Bundle
- Hung Up Cute Clips