I decided to do that instead of adding a large sentiment, mainly because I'm making a sympathy card. One of my fellow demonstrators recently lost her mom and I wanted to send her a serene ocean scene. Here's what I came up with:
- I punched out a 1" circle using (you guessed it) a 1" circle punch from a Post It Note and added it to my Very Vanilla cardstock just above where I wanted the horizon to be.
- I inked up my brayer in Soft Sky and added it to the middle of the page. Then I used Pool Party ink for the top and bottom of the paper, again using the brayer.
- I used a ruler and my Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to add a horizon line with a little depth and also some water lines randomly toward the shore (making sure to keep them perfectly horizontal.
- I stamped the wading birds image from Wetlands Stamp Set in StazOn Jet Black and the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes, which I die cut with the smallest of the Window Frame Collection Framelits and layered it on a piece of basic black die cut with one of the Apothecary Framelits.
- I sponge a litte Wisteria Wonder and Blushing Bride on the setting sun and the sky to create some clouds.
- My next technique class will feature some Brayer techniques, so sign up for that if you're interested in learning how to do that.
What would you do with Amanda's As You See It Sketch? Why not try it and enter the Challenge?