- This was a card made to order for the Natural Composition Designer Series Paper. The Natural Composition paper is already embossed and is handy for backgrounds or whenever you want to do an emboss resist technique. I love that it coordinates so well with the Baked Brown Sugar cardstock!
- Where there are flowers, there are butterflies, right? I haven't seen any around here yet, but I did see a bee buzzing around the other day, so spring has got to be here! The bees know!! I used Papillon Potpourri for the two butterfly images. I embossed them using VersaMark ink, black Stampin' Emboss powder and the Heat Tool on Watercolour Paper. Then I coloured the images in using Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry Stampin' Write Markers. I punched them out using the Elegant Butterfly Punch and the Bitty Butterfly Punch.
- The sentiment is from Loving Thoughts and is stamped in StazOn Jet Black ink on the Baked Brown Sugar cardstock. On another version, I added the Happy Mother's Day sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes.
- The bottom edge of the Basic Black matte for the sentiment is punched using the Scallop Border punch and Pearl Basic Jewels were added. I left them off for a workshop sample I did.
- The butterflies' wings are folded up for some dimension and adhered to the project with glue dots.
This is quite an easy project, so give it a try. You'll be glad you did.
In other news, I registered for Convention 2014 in Salt Lake City in July! So excited to be going again! Let the fun (and the swaps) begin!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!