I'm talking about glittery glitz, sparkle and shine, vintage gold, and all that good stuff. I've avoided it for long enough. I needed a glitter fest and I got it, making this week's As You See It Challenges sample!
First let me show you Amanda's fun design for Challenge #32:
And here is my Design Team sample:
- Now, you know with the way glittery bits tend to photograph, if you can see a little glitter, there has got to be a whole lot irl (in real life)! And there is. Every edge on this thing has been sponged with Soft Suede ink, dipped in Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder and heat embossed! Some pieces, like the middle of the flower were covered in Versamark and covered completely in Iridescent Ice! Even the buttons are embossed, twice: once with Pool Party and once with Gold Embossing Powders.
- I got the idea from a card that my upline, Desiree Spenst, gave to me. I've kept it for months because it is so beautiful and I've been wanting to try it for a long time.
- When I saw that large oval on the card, I immediately thought of this shape from Apothecary Accents Framelits, and that made me think vintage and here we are today! The sentiment, in the From My Heart stamp set, is made for this shape and also has a vintage feel to it.
- I added a bit of a faux patina effect on the oval beneath the sentiment. I used the Oval framelits to cut it out, ran it through the Big Shot with the Beautifully Baroque embossing folder. I sponged it with Soft Suede and Pool Party ink and rubbed the VersaMark inkpad over it all. Then I covered it with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heat set it.
- The middle of the sentiment, the word Enjoying, is stamped a second time in Pool Party ink and cut out by hand, then popped up with dimensionals in the center of the sentiment.
Here I'll stand and here I'll stay! Hope you like my card! (But don't tell Brian King any way!)