And while I was at it, I checked out Freshly Made Sketches to find a layout for my card:
- The colours from the Color Throwdown Challenge look really beachy to me, so I got out my tried and true By the Tide stamp set and my Chalk Talk Framelits and created a collage stamped tag. I used the three colours on the tag with the Sahara Sand as the background stamps and the Strawberry Slush and Coastal Cabana (rock and rolled) with Sahara Sand on the sea horse and the fish.
- I inked up the fish stamp with Coastal Cabana and then rock and rolled it on the Sahara Sand stamp pad. Usually when you rock and roll you do it on the darker stamp pad so that you don't muddy up the lighter colour, but this time I reversed that. A Q-tip quickly cleaned up any Coastal Cabana ink that transferred to the Sahara Sand stamp pad and it was good as new afterwards.
- The Sahara Sand background panel was dry embossed using the Arrow Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and then raised up on Stampin' Dimensionals for some vertical variety!
- I am still loving that Naturals Chevron trim and I'm so happy it made it into the new Annual Catalogue, which you can start ordering from TODAY! I've got my wish list ready to go, but it's SO long I'm going to have to whittle it down bit by bit!
- I used one of the Essentials Hardware Clips on the right side to add some interest. These are still available in the new Annual Catalogue, but the In Colour Boutique Details on the left will only be available for two more days, til June 4.
- I rounded several corners, using the back of the Envelope Punch Board, to match the tag framelit.
And... that's a wrap! Gotta get my order ready for noon! Let me know if you want anything!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!