Well, I decided that Starburst Sayings was the right stamp set to use for Mojo Monday's 350th Challenge:
And Colour Throwdown has an absolutely beautiful palette in its challenge #297 this week as well, so why not combine them?
Here's the result:
- I just love this combination of colours: Bermuda Bay and Daffodil Delight are so bright and cheery and the Smoky Slate and Whisper White are great neutrals that add a kind of luminous effect. I added the Basic Black for a little more drama!
- I used the Bermuda Bay Polka Dot pattern from the Brights Designer Series Paper Stack. These paper stacks are worth their weight in gold, because you never need to go looking for a DSP that might happen to have a certain colour in it. These come in every colour Stampin' Up! offers, including all the In Colours.
- The Honeycomb Embossing Folder adds some interesting texture to the background without detracting from the focal point.
- To layer the main image/sentiment, I die cut the starburst shape with the third largest Starburst Framelit in Basic Black cardstock. I layered on top of that some Daffodil Delight cardstock in a circle punched using the 2 1/2" Circle punch. I stamped the sentiment from Starburst Sayings on Whisper White cardstock and die cut that (minus the starburst border) using the sixth largest Circle Framelit.
- With the circle adhered using Stampin' Dimensionals, I added some 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon in Daffodil Delight just underneath so that it doesn't block the sentiment.
- With the new flower punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, I made three small posies to add to the ribbon and added Candy Dots to the centers.
Speaking of Oh, Happy Day, my June Paper Pumpkin arrived today and inside was...something so much fun you won't believe it! I'll put some together to show you tomorrow! Did you know that you could buy prepaid subscriptions to My Paper Pumpkin? What a perfect gift for someone crafty in your life! The bright red boxes are shipped right to their door once a month with everything they need for a little creative escape and, Oh. My. Goodness! They are so much fun. Stop by my Facebook Page tomorrow for a quick look!
Here is the information about the prepaid subscriptions:
Call me today to get yours!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!