I had one heck of a creative block yesterday! I was doing everything BUT going down to my Craft Cave and coming up with a design for today! I have Technique Nights coming up on Wednesday and Thursday and the theme is Stampin' Blendabilities, or for the sake of my overworked keyboard fingers: Blendies, as I shall hereafter refer to them! I knew I was going to use Bloom with Hope as the stamp set, because the image is very easy to learn on, but I needed a layout and a colour palette to proceed.
I chose the Mojo Monday #357 Challenge sketch by Julee Tilman:
And I found this colour palette on Pinterest:
The rest should have been easy, right? Well it wasn't. I tried several different Designer Series Papers for the panels before I found some that would work. I was using some Basic Black cardstock, when I realized that I didn't have enough left for my class, so I took it out of the equation. The Smoky Slate didn't work for me, so I replaced it with Sahara Sand. I finally got it all put together though and I kinda like it. The best part was using the Calypso Coral Blendies to colour the image.
- I wouldn't have originally thought to use Real Red and Calypso Coral together, but now that I've tried it, I think I may use it again some time. The Sahara Sand is the perfect neutral for them, reducing the brightness factor so you don't need to wear your shades to view the photo!
- The Calypso Coral Designer paper I used comes from the Gold Soiree Designer Series Paper collection. It was hard to find another DSP for the middle panel, but it clearly needed it because it is largely covered up by the front panel. I finally went for the Polka Dots from the Designer Series Paper Stacks Brights Collection. I had mattes for all the panels, but took them away, and it seriously looks much better without them.
- I used the Calypso Coral Chevron ribbon and the Real Red Cotton Ribbon for embellishments and added Calypso Coral Designer Button to center of the bow. The sentiment is also from Bloom with Hope, stamped in Real Red.
- If you would like to know how to color that image with the Blendies, you have to sign up for my Technique Nights class on Wednesday evening. It's not too late!
Just a reminder about my awesome Blog Candy giveaway, open until Friday, August 8 at midnight PDT. To have a chance to win these prizes:
Leave a comment on the Blog Candy post, telling me how you receive my blog: Bloglovin, Email, Facebook, Google + or some other way, and your name will be entered in a random drawing to take place on Friday, August 8 at midnight PDT. This is a great deal and well worth your while to enter.
US Residents may enter but will get a different prize, that I can more easily ship to you. See details on the post link above.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!
* Hostess set available only for those who earn Hostess rewards. Call me about setting up a Girls' Night Out so that you can get those Hostess rewards yourself!