Well, I'm afraid I got a bit self-indulgent, but it did my soul good. Every once in awhile, I like to go overboard a bit and create a vintage card, the reason I started stamping in the first place. I have always loved that fragile, aged and slightly worn look, but I don't often get the chance to do it. It is not a good design for a class or a workshop, because there are so many fiddly layers.
However, lately I have been seeing reams of vintage labels on Pinterest and it was encouraging me to try one out. Wouldn't you know it, but this weeks As You See It Challenge #047 has a label on the front, and I knew it was time!
- I rather lost count of all the stamp sets I used to create this card, but let me give it a try: Choose Happiness for the sentiment, Kinda Eclectic for the butterflies and leaves, Traveler for the passport, and World Map, Backgrounds Rule and Gorgeous Grunge for the background on the label.
- I used strictly Very Vanilla cardstock for the card. The back panel was embossed with the Lovely Lace embossing folder.
- I stamped and sponged with strictly Neutrals as well: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso and Soft Suede. The sponging is a really important element in vintage cards. All the edges you can see are sponged with Soft Suede.
- The flowers are created with the Spiral Flowers Originals Die for the Big Shot. It creates a scalloped spiral which you then twist around a small wooden skewer and roll up. You anchor all the loops on the base at the end and you can use glue dots, hot glue and regular glue, and then press the center of the spiral in place and let it set until you get the rest of the card ready.
- I used some Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon and tied a bow in it then spritzed it with water and crunched it up well. This created the "old" look, then I dried it on the low setting on the Heat Tool.
- If you look hard, you can see some retired product on that label. See it?? Leave me a comment with your guess!
Big Shot Promotion During the Whole Month of August!!
Here's more good news: If you purchase a Big Shot from me during August, I will pay shipping for the Big Shot for you, which knocks another 10% off your price
Watch this video from Stampin' Up! on the benefits of the Big Shot:
Today is August 1 and you can now order all the Blendability Colours you want. Check them out here.
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today!