Are you ready for a Sneak Peek as promised? The first products I want to introduce you to come from the Sale-a-Bration Brochure. These are some of the best Sale-a-Bration products I've seen in a few years! I am so excited about the Occasions Catalogue and Sale-a-Bration Brochure because I know you're going to be excited too! Here are two of my favourites - Lotus Blossom Stamp Set and Best Year Ever Designer Series Paper! And it just so happens that this week's Freshly Made Sketches Challenge was perfect to show them off.
I took some liberty with the sketch, turning it on its side and substituting some of the new ribbon for the baker's twine in the sketch.
The Lotus Blossom Photopolymer Stamp Set does a wonderful job of recreating a real lotus blossom.
The lotus is an aquatic plant that grows in Asia and in North America and the Caribbean.
Here's how I designed my sketch:
- The Designer Series Paper I used is from the Sale-a-Bration Brochure, Best Year Ever. This particular design has a built in bokeh effect that you'll love. I love the combination of colours in this set, Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede and Whisper White. I chose a design with just the Coastal Cabana and Whisper White.
- The ribbon at the top is part of the Best Year Ever Accessory Pack which contains 3 rolls of ribbon and 24 buttons in the three main colours, Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana and Daffodil Delight.
- The photopolymer stamp set I used is called Lotus Blossom. It is a 3 Step Stamping set as it takes 3 stamps to create the beautiful lotus image. Stampin' Up! has helped us line them up by adding a directional tab to each stamp, but it really isn't hard to match up the images on each one. Unlike using wood mount or clear mount, you stamp these in the reverse order. The smallest detail stamp is used first, and the solid background stamp is used last, stamping off a bit first. The tabs on the stamp set are also numbered to indicate the order in which you use them.
- The sentiment is also from this stamp set and has a soft, water-colour look to it. I used Sahara Sand ink with it here.
- The edging on the image panel is made with the Finishing Touches Eyelet Edgelit, with the kind of delicate detail this card requires.
Sale-a-Bration is Stampin' Up!'s biggest yearly promotion. This year it runs from January 6, 2015 to March 31, 2015, coinciding with the start of the Occasions Catalogue. It features a variety of different kinds of products, from stamps to paper to embellishments that you can earn for free with each $60 purchase during Sale-a-Bration. It's also a great time to host a private class, because you can earn enhanced Hostess Rewards and also, it's a great time to join Stampin' Up! because you can receive Sale-a-Bration rewards or Simply Created kits with your Starter Kit! Start making your lists as soon as you receive your catalogue!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today! *List does not include Stampin' Up! sneak peek items. They will be available Jan. 6, 2015.