I have a VERY BIG ANNOUNCEMENT today! After a painful five or six month hiatus, where we had to clean up the aftermath of a severe hack attack, As You See It Challenges is finally back. The blog post previous to today's on their site contains the whole story, but suffice it to say that we had to start from scratch with no previous data and very little artwork in order to get things up and running again. But we'll put all that in the painful past and move onward and upward and get going with Challenge #141!
Although I have taken over the administration of the challenge, Amanda is still doing most of our designing and I know you'll all be happy about that. And this sketch is a perfect example of why. Here's what I came up with:
- I thought a Valentine would be a good seasonal use of this sketch, so I dug into my Sending Love Suite of products from the Occasions Catalogue with a little help from the Falling in Love Suite!
- The Whisper White background has been dry embossed using the Falling Petals Embossing Folder (which looks like falling hearts to me)! I used the clear Wink of Stella on each of the raised hearts to give them a little glimmer. You can't see the full effect in the photo, however.
- The banner is cut from some Sending Love Designer Series Paper Stack paper using the Banners Framelits.
- I added a new Lace Doily which is Whisper White on one side and Very Vanilla on the other - super useful that way!
- The other embellishments are all die cut from the Love Notes Framelits Dies and stamped with sentiments from the Sealed with Love stamp set. There are so many fun images among these two sets which you can bundle for a 10% saving over buying them separately.
I hope you'll play along! We're worried that we've lost many of our followers with so long a disappearance from the challenge scene, so if you help to play and share, maybe we can make a good come-back!
I'm heading to my daughter's for a visit this weekend to celebrate lots of birthdays, including my own on Monday! Have a great weekend yourself!
Click on the links below to take you to my On-Line Store, where you can read about, look at, and purchase if you wish, the products used to make this card today.