I loved the first new Star Trek movie! I thought it was perfectly balanced between action, comedy, and drama and perfectly paced all the way through. The casting was excellent as well.
I've heard mixed reviews on Into Darkness, but really, with Benedict Cumberbatch, how could you go wrong. I'll let you know what I think!
My youngest daughter turns 26 this coming week! When she was a toddler, she would get what we called "a monkey look" that usually preceded some kind of mischief. Now her little boy, Parker, gets the same look in his eyes as his Mama did!
I wanted to make a card for Jaimie that would reflect her fun, bright personality and her heart for others as she blesses us all with her love and sense of joy and the unique person that she is.
I know James loves fall and fall colours, as well as simplicity so this is what I came up:
Pal Paper Arts sketch challenge #173 for this card, however, I opted to use a standard sized card rather than a square card for this design. Here's the sketch:
- I used Magnificent Maple again, just because it creates such striking leaf images.
- The Pumpkin Pie Polka Dot Designer Series Paper comes from the Brights Collection Paper Stacks. It's just the perfect colour for Jaimie.
- I decided to use the 7/8" Cotton Ribbon for the flags and for the ribbon because Jaimie loves natural and because I could stamp on it. I used Early Espresso ink to stamp a sentiment from Bring on the Cake on the ribbon. I backed it with Early Espresso card stock for contrast.
- The sentiment on the main image panel is from A Dozen Thoughts and it is so appropriate for my unique daughter.
- Finally, one of the Feel Goods sentiments for the inside! I hope she likes it.
Don't forget that today is the last day for the Mystery Hostess Contest this month. Order on-line using Hostess Code: DCW4Q3U9 or call or message me with your order and get your name in the draw to win the free product from Stampin' Up!
Leave me a comment about how you liked Star Trek Into Darkness, if you saw it! I'm curious to know.
Have a great weekend!
Stamps: Magnificent Maple (w131868); A Dozen Thoughts (w131056; c131059); Feel Goods (w131916; c129684); Bring on the Cake (w128490; c121958)
Paper: Brights Collection Designer Series Paper Stacks (130134); Crumb Cake (120953), Early Espresso (119686) and Very Vanilla (101650) card stock
Ink: Classic Stampin' Pads in Crushed Curry (131173), Early Espresso (126974) and Pumpkin Pie (126945)
Accessories: 7/8" Cotton Ribbon